Alumina-silica yarns, sewing threads, woven fabrics, woven tapes and sleeving braids
Alumina-silica yarn is made up of thousands of filaments, giving it excellent flexibility and stability for transformation into textiles, without the aid of other organic or metal fibres. Products include 2- and 3-ply yarns, hand and machine sewing threads, rope and cord, woven fabrics, woven tapes and braided sleeving.
We supply the full range of NITIVY ALF® alumina-silica products
NITIVY ALF is a boron-free alumina-silica fibre that is composed of Al2O3 72% and SiO2 28%, which is commonly known as a representative stable metal oxide material. NITIVY ALF is a polycrystalline filament whose crystal type is gamma alumina and amorphous silica with a fine filament diameter of 7 micron.
Textile properties include good chemical resistance, thermal shock resistance and superior electrical insulation properties. They are also corrosion-resistant and do not absorb moisture. NITIVY ALF is inherently colourless, but can be coloured with inorganic pigment red, black and blue. Pigments are stable up to 700/800°C.
There is a growing interest in NITIVY ALF filament yarn for use in a wide range of applications which require high-temperature operation environments.
NITIVY ALF product details and specifications
View details and specifications of our range of alumina-silica products.
Characteristics & applications of NITIVY ALF alumina-silica fibre
|Colour and form||White, continuous filament|
|Chemical composition||72% Al2O3 / 28% SiO2|
|Density||2.9g / cm3|
|Tensile strength||200kgf / mm2|
|Tensile modulus||17,000kgf / mm2|
- Thermal insulation rings (discs and collars) for diffusion furnaces used in the semi-conductor manufacturing process.
- Furnace linings.
- Heat-shielding curtains.
- Thermal insulation seals or packing materials.
- Thermal insulation coverings for thermocouple cables and wires.
- Roller covers for tempered glass plate manufacturing.
- Filters for molten aluminium or other metals.
- Spacers for the heat treatment of metal or other materials.
- Abrasive for plastic wetstone.
- Insulators around generator and aircraft/rocket engines.
- Catalyst carriers.
- Electrical and thermal insulators for diesel particulate filter systems (DPF) and many others.
NITIVY ALF is a trademark of Nitivy Co. Ltd. in Japan and other countries.