Alumina-silica, sewing threads, woven fabrics, woven tapes and sleeving braids
Alumina-silica yarn is made up of thousands of filaments, giving it excellent flexibility and stability for transformation into textiles, without the aid of other organic or metal fibres. Products include hand and machine sewing threads, rope and cord, woven fabrics, woven tapes and braided sleeving.
We supply the full range of NITIVY ALF® alumina-silica products
NITIVY ALF is a boron-free alumina-silica fibre that is composed of Al2O3 72% and SiO2 28%, which is commonly known as a representative stable metal oxide material. NITIVY ALF is a polycrystalline filament whose crystal type is gamma alumina and amorphous silica with a fine filament diameter of 7 micron.
Textile properties include good chemical resistance, thermal shock resistance and superior electrical insulation properties. They are also corrosion-resistant and do not absorb moisture. NITIVY ALF is inherently colourless, but can be coloured with inorganic pigment red, black and blue. Pigments are stable up to 700/800°C.
There is a growing interest in NITIVY ALF filament yarn for use in a wide range of applications which require high-temperature operation environments.
NITIVY ALF product details and specifications
View details and specifications of our range of alumina-silica products.
Characteristics & applications of NITIVY ALF alumina-silica fibre
|Colour and form||White, continuous filament|
|Chemical composition||72% Al2O3 / 28% SiO2|
|Density||2.9g / cm3|
|Tensile strength||200kgf / mm2|
|Tensile modulus||17,000kgf / mm2|
- Thermal insulation rings (discs and collars) for diffusion furnaces used in the semi-conductor manufacturing process.
- Furnace linings.
- Heat-shielding curtains.
- Thermal insulation seals or packing materials.
- Thermal insulation coverings for thermocouple cables and wires.
- Roller covers for tempered glass plate manufacturing.
- Filters for molten aluminium or other metals.
- Spacers for the heat treatment of metal or other materials.
- Insulators around generator and aircraft/rocket engines.
- Catalyst carriers.
- Electrical and thermal insulators for diesel particulate filter systems (DPF) and many others.
NITIVY ALF is a trademark of Nitivy Co. Ltd. in Japan and other countries.